Information about you: how we use it and with whom we share it
The personal information you provide as a Cabaret of Dangerous Ideas (CoDI) 2020 performer will be used by the University of Edinburgh and CoDI event partners to publicise your involvement in the event before, during and after the shows take place. We are using this some of this information because we believe you would reasonably expect us to do so; we need your consent to use some of the other information.
In 2020, CoDI event partners are:
- The four universities in Edinburgh (University of Edinburgh, Heriot-Watt University, Edinburgh Napier University, Queen Margaret University)
- Fair Pley Ltd and its Edinburgh Fringe venue, the New Town Theatre
- The Stand Comedy Club
- The Edinburgh Festival Fringe
The type of personal information we will collect about you will typically include:
- Your name – needed to promote your show
- Your work contact details – needed to communicate with you about your show
- Your social media profiles – needed to promote your show effectively
- Your organisational affiliation – needed to promote your show
- Amateur still and moving images (including videos with sound) of you – both those you provide and those we will take of your show in action. For any images, video and sound recordings of your show that we produce, we believe we require your consent, as you could still effectively participate in CoDI without these being taken.
Your information may be shared with and through the following services and organisations, now and in the future.
- All websites hosted and run by the partner organisations
- All print publications made by the partner organisations
- Press organisations who wish to write about your show and contact us to access your personal information
If another organisation wishes to collect personal information from you that is in addition to what we hold (e.g. professional video or still images or your show, or record your voice for radio or podcast), they must separately provide a privacy notice and, if applicable, obtain your consent.
The personal information we collect from you through your involvement in CoDI is useful for archiving and future marketing and reporting purposes, so we will not automatically delete it after your involvement with CoDI ends. If you have any questions, or if you would like to request erasure of your data, please contact us on:
The Beltane Public Engagement Network
The Institute for Academic Development
1 Morgan Lane, Edinburgh, EH8 8FP