Beltane Breakfasts and Twilights are informal events where members of the Beltane community share their experiences of aspects of public engagement around a theme. University researchers and support staff, along with people from organisations that wish to work with universities, have a chance to share information and ideas over bacon rolls, coffee and cake.
Staff and students from universities in Edinburgh are also very welcome to attend the Engaging Sessions run by Beltane Network member Heriot-Watt Engage.
- Heriot-Watt Engaging Sessions (links to Heriot-Watt University events page)
(This is a working list which may change as dates esare confirmed)
April 2018 (Brunch): Dilemmas Cafe on Ethics in Public Engagement
Other topics (potentially) in the pipeline:
- Public engagement and teaching: two sides of the same coin?
- Leapfrog tools and toolboxes
- Re-runs of Beltane members’ NCCPE Engage 2017 presentations
- Something on co-production from the Scottish Community Development Centre
- Free media resources for public engagement with research
- Ten years of the RCUK Beacons and Catalysts – what’s next?
- REF impact – latest guidance from the NCCPE
Don’t see the topic you want to talk about on this list? Tell us!
March 2018 (Twilight): Scottish Year of Young People 2018
December 2017 (Breakfast): Engage 2017 Wash-up
- No summary – informal knowledge-sharing
Monday 20th November 2017 (Twilight): Engaged Teaching and Learning
Friday 20th October 2017 (Breakfast): Welcoming the 2017 Edinburgh International Film Festival Screenwriter-in-Residence
- No summary for this one as 1:1 chats
Tuesday 19th September 2017 (lunch): The NUCLEUS Project
Monday 29th May 2017 (Breakfast): Year of History, Heritage and Archaeology 2017
Friday 28th October 2016 (Breakfast): EIFF Screenwriter-in-Residence, The Filmhouse, Edinburgh
Monday 16 May 2016 (Breakfast): Evaluating Public Engagement Activities
Wednesday 9 March 2016 (Twilight): Welcome to the ASCUS Lab! Summerhall
Wednesday 27 January 2016 (Twilight): Marketing Events to Edinburgh’s Popular Science Community, The University of Edinburgh
Monday 30 November 2015 (Breakfast): Engage in 2016, The University of Edinburgh
Tuesday 27 October 2015 (Twilight): Research and Film, The Filmhouse Cinema