The University of Edinburgh has published its Annual Review for the 2011/2012 academic year. Public engagement highlights include:
- The success of the ‘Singing the Reformation’ exhibition in engaging audiences with sixteenth-century music .
- Brian Cameron, Technical Support Officer in the School of Geosciences, being awarded an MBE for services to science engagement in Scotland.Accutane online
- The award of a Royal Society of Edinburgh Beltane Senior Prize for Public Engagement to Professor Tom Devine of the School of History, Classics and Archaeology.
- Vicky Jane Young, a PhD student in the MRC Centre for Reproductive Health, receiving the Communications Award from the Society for Applied Microbiology.
- Dr Marieke Hoeve, Research Fellow and Project Manager in the Centre for Regenerative Medicine, being awarded the Society for General Microbiology Outreach Prize.