PhD in an Hour is back! In partnership with the Just Festival, we’ve got a cracking programme coming up for you.
What is PhD in an Hour?
One PhD student, one fascinating topic, one hour. Enjoy a drink while a PhD student shares his/her interesting findings and groundbreaking ideas. The aim is to demystify the PhD process and make it accessible to all.
All events take place on the last Tuesday of the month, 6-7pm in the Royal Dick bar, Summerhall
- Tuesday 26th July 2016: Luis De Miranda, “All for one, but which one?”
- Tuesday 27th September 2016:
Alice Mari, “How bacteria sense chemicals”
- Tuesday 25th October: Ylenia Capdanno, “Animals and humans together against cancer”
- Tuesday 29th November: Eva Spisiakova, “Shakespeare’s Love Behind the Iron Curtain” (book)
- Tuesday 31st January 2017: Ania Byerly, “Teaching for a fairer society? Primary schools and multiculturalism” (book)
- Tuesday 28th February 2017, 6-7pm: Rachel Vezza, topic tbc cancelled
All events are free to attend and you’re welcome to just drop-in. However, it would help us if you could let us know you’re coming by booking via the Just Festival’s Eventbrite page.
Speaking at PhD in an Hour
We currently have a lot of people lined up to speak. We’ll post on this site (and our Facebook and Twitter) when we have more speaker slots available.