What is Pint of Science?
Pint of Science is an annual festival that happens over three evenings in May simultaneously in multiple cities around the globe. Each night, science researchers explain their latest findings to the general public – all in the comfort of the local pub!
2016 saw Pint of Science land in Edinburgh for the first time, leading to national press coverage, 12 sell-out events (covering everything from insect-eating to Alzheimer’s), and hundreds of happy science- and/or beer-loving Edinburgh citizens.
We’re now looking for volunteers with a passion for science communication to help organise Pint of Science 2017.
What’s involved for volunteers?
- Pint of Science is a great way to learn team-working, event management and science public engagement.
- Get involved and help showcase the science that happens in Edinburgh’s world class universities.
- Be part of an international festival and join a fabulous team of volunteers!
We have lots of roles available including: Event Managers, Publicist, Treasurer, Web Manager. Each role involves commitment over a period between October 2016 to May 2017.
Our events may include the following topics:
- Beautiful Mind – neuroscience, psychology and psychiatry
- Atoms to Galaxies – physics, chemistry, maths, astronomy
- Our Body – medicine, human biology, health
- Planet Earth – geosciences, plant sciences, zoology
- Tech Me Out – biotechnology, robotics, computers
- Our Society – law, history, politics, policy, languages
Interested in finding out more?
Visit the website for more info: www.pintofscience.co.uk
We look forward to hearing from you!