So you’ve got a beautifully designed activity, a venue, and a team to deliver it. You’re science festival-ready, right?
Almost. There is an art to running a successful drop-in activity; it also requires common sense and some health and safety know-how.Come to this workshop to get tips and guidance on:
- How to entice people into coming to your activity instead of just walking on by
- How to engage different ages
- Learning from visitors (there are some knowledgeable people out there!)
- Preparing your opening chat
- Managing busy and quiet times
- Working in partnership with demonstrators
- Health and safety (with a focus on working with vulnerable groups)
This workshop will be delivered by Eureka Edinburgh.
This workshop is aimed at individuals who will shortly be doing a drop-in at Edinburgh International Science Festival (or similar). Places are available free-of-charge to staff and students from universities in Edinburgh.