WHO ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Submissions from any field of science engagement, communication, outreach, education – large or small – are welcome. The most impactful, novel, and cost-effective projects will be invited to Berlin (travel and accommodation costs will be covered). We are looking for:
- all forms of science engagement with a focus on impactful, cost-effective, novel approaches to building opportunities for dialogue and participation in science
- hidden champions from the whole world who pursue scalable projects
- initiatives with local impact or wider outreach with the potential to become role models for other projects or scientists
- new ways of communication and cooperation with the goal of empowering scientists to engage with public audiences
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- The 20 best submissions will be invited to share their science engagement projects on 8 November in a fast-paced pitch competition in front of a peer audience and a distinguished jury
- The winner will get the chance to pitch their project on the grand stage of the Falling Walls Conference to an audience of 750 global leaders, decision-makers, and international media representatives
- All selected participants will receive an invitation to join the Falling Walls Conference on 9 November and its network of international science leaders, media, and outreach professionals
- Increase international visibility for your organisation’s science engagement work
- Share your experiences and learn from like-minded people in a co-learning environment
- Become part of a sustainable community dedicated to a common cause – pushing forward the dialogue between science and society.
30 June 2019 (23:59 CEST)
Contact us via email@example.com