We would like to invite Edinburgh Researchers to deliver workshops for Dunbar Science Club on a Saturday morning during 2017.
Dunbar Science Club
Dunbar Science Club was created in 2011 by a small team of volunteer parents of pupils attending Dunbar Primary School. Our objective is to inspire and encourage a life-long interest in science amongst children living in the Dunbar Cluster area by running an annual programme of varied workshops provided by local scientists (including volunteer parents) and external providers.
Dunbar Science Club was an initiative of Dunbar PS’s Parent Council’s “Science, Maths, Engineering & Technology Sub Group” that also created the annual award winning community science festival, Dunbar SciFest.
Dunbar Science Club is supported by Community Windpower Ltd, who also support Dunbar SciFest.
Dunbar Science Club Workshops
We deliver three one-hour long workshops, ideally fortnightly between September and June annually. The first two workshops, starting at 9.30am and 10.30am are for children aged 5-8 and the third workshop, starting at 11.30am, is for children aged 9-12+.
We open the online workshop booking, via our own Dunbar Science Club App, two weeks before the workshop date.
Dunbar Science Club Workshops Dates 2017
Are you interested in delivering workshops for Dunbar Science Club?
If so, please contact the organiser asap and confirm the following:
- Which date / dates from the list above you would be available to deliver your workshop activities?
- That you are happy to deliver 3 x 45-50 minute duration workshops within the hour-long slots, starting at 9.30, 10.30 & 11.30am?
- That your workshop activities are suitable for the 2 age groups (5-8 and 9-12+)? Please note that we are very happy for you to use us as ‘guinea pigs’ to test out activities that may wish to run at open days, science festivals etc.
- How many people will deliver the workshops?
- Whether you charge a fee and if so how much or whether you’d be happy for us to cover your travel expenses? We will provide hot drinks and snacks from the Ridge Cafe
We would need you to provide the following information asap please:
- Workshop Title
- Workshop descriptive blurb (ideally 50 words, max 100 words)
- The capacity of each workshop – please advise us on what you think will work best for your activity, anywhere between 10-30 children per session
- Workshop Risk Assessment