We’re thrilled that our annual celebration of public engagement will take place at one of Edinburgh’s newest bookable spaces: Chesser House on Gorgie Road.
Previously one of the homes of the City of Edinburgh Council, Chesser House is now being developed into affordable accommodation for artists and community groups by art’s complex.
Chesser House is not beautiful, and it is definitely not a fully-equipped events venue. We’re acting on your feedback from the 2016 Annual Gathering, in which it was clear that some of you wanted to see us creating a more exciting, novel and energetic event. By choosing Chesser House, our temporary environment will force us to be nimble and innovative! And this is the inspiration for the theme for the 2017 Gathering: “Responding and Reusing”.
The other feedback we’ll be doing best to address in our event planning includes:
- Giving you plenty of unstructured time to chat with existing as well as new contacts
- Having engagement beyond universities in action as part of the event (while still also having space for internally-focussed conversations)
- Cutting way down on the plenary speakers
- Having more space in which to move around
- Clear programme in advance
- A stronger Edinburgh focus
- A longer event (with no obligation to stay for all of it)
- A wee drink…