The AHRC and ESRC have just launched a call for Knowledge Exchange Fellowships with the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) with deadline 31st October 2018.
Funding will be provided for two to four Fellowships to start from September 2019, working 0.6 to 0.8FTE for 24 months (salary covered according to FEC rules).
Eligibility: For the 2019-20 intake the call is open to all disciplines within the arts and humanities and social sciences, with expertise aligned to the following FCO Research Groups and Units:
- Africa Research Group,
- Americas Research Group,
- Asia-Pacific Research Group (particularly applications focussed on China’s foreign policy),
- Eastern Research Group, (applications focussed on Russia),
- Europe Research Group,
- Middle East and North Africa Research Group (particularly on cross-regional socio-economic, demographic and environmental trends),
- National Security Research Group (particularly applications focussed on measuring the effectiveness of counter-terrorism interventions),
- South Asia and Afghanistan Research Group,
- Arms Control and Disarmament Research Unit (focussing on the history, development and implementation of arms control and armaments policies on chemical and biological weapons).
At the University of Edinburgh, colleagues in the CAHSS KE office are very happy to help with your application.