We want you to know exactly what will happen with your data if you attend our events or sign up to our newsletters.
Information about you: how we use it and with whom we share it
The information you provide will be used by Beltane partner universities to deliver and improve the services and events we provide in a personalised manner, to ensure that you receive relevant information, and to ensure that we use resources in the most efficient and effective way. Your information will be processed by Beltane partner universities to:
- Provide you with any support you have requested
- Administer your attendance at our events, send you a thank you email and a post-event survey, and to monitor their popularity
If you have opted-in to receive our newsletters, we will also use your personal data to:
- Keep you up-to-date with news about the Beltane Public Engagement Network’s relevant activities
- Promote public and invitation-only events, activities and programmes
The Beltane Public Engagement Network will use one or more external companies to process information about you on its behalf. The Beltane Network remains responsible for the information and will ensure it is kept securely.
We use the following companies to process your information:
- JISCmail: If you subscribe, to send newsletters
- Sympa: If you subscribe, to send newsletters to staff and students at the University of Edinburgh
- Eventbrite: To allocate tickets at public events
- Bristol Online Surveys: To process data you provide as part of your feedback on our events and activities
- Feedburner: If you subscribe, to send email alerts about opportunities posted on our website
- YouTube: If you are a speaker or exhibitor at one of our events and have explicitly consented to being filmed
- Google Analytics: If you use our websites (www.beltanenetwork.org and codi.beltanenetwork.org).
We are using information about you because you have given us your consent.
We will hold the personal data you provided us in accordance with our data retention schedule. We will hold the personal data you provided us for 1 year (14 months in the case of Google Analytics). After this period we will send communication to you querying whether you wish to remain on our mailing list. Alternatively, you can opt out of the mailing list at any time.
If you have any questions, or if you’d like your data to be deleted, please contact us:
The Beltane Public Engagement Network
The Institute for Academic Development
1 Morgan Lane, Edinburgh, EH8 8FP
Phone: 0131 650 4874/4875